You have certain rights and responsibilities as a member of your health plan. PerformRx works with you, your health plan, and your healthcare providers – including our network of pharmacies – to make sure you are aware of these rights and responsibilities. We also help to make sure that your rights and responsibilities are being met.
Some of your rights and responsibilities include:
- The right to receive information about your health plan, benefits, services and providers, and your rights and responsibilities
- The right to participate in decisions regarding your health care, including the right to refuse treatment
- The right to voice grievances (complaints) or file an appeal about your health plan decisions that affect your benefits or the care that you receive
- The right to receive information in alternative formats, such as Braille, cassette tapes, large type and other languages, if necessary
- The right to privacy and non-discrimination, as required by law
- The responsibility to work with your health plan and with your health care providers
- The responsibility to let your health plan and your health care providers know of any changes that might affect your health plan membership or your health care needs or benefits
This is only a partial list of your rights and responsibilities as a member of your health plan. Consult the member handbook from your health plan for a complete list of your rights and responsibilities.